This week in beer, featuring Anheuser-Busch InBev, SABMiller, Heineken and MillerCoors
This week in beer and cider on just-drinks
SABMiller has recommended the latest takeover offer from Anheuser-Busch InBev for GBP44 per share.
Earlier today, Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller secured an “agreement in principle” for AB InBev to acquire SAB. Here's a breakdown of the proposal.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has agreed in principle to acquire global rival SABMiller in the biggest ever deal in drinks history, and one of the top five in the corporate world. But it has been a long path to today's historic news. Here, just-drinks provides a digest of the most significant moments in the creation of “MegaBrew”.
Kurt Widmer has announced his intention to retire as chairman of Craft Brew Alliance.
As Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller agree to discuss a mutually-satisfactory takeover offer, Larry Nelson looks at who can be considered a winner and who a loser, should the US$104bn purchase go through.
In early September, analysts at Nomura ran the rule over a possible SABMiller merger with Diageo. Anheuser-Busch InBev now looks certain to take control of SABMiller, but Diageo - wrestling with stock price weakness and currency headwinds - has been far from quiet. Here's a just-drinks rundown on the Guinness and Johnnie Walker owner's movements in the past few weeks, which have seen it withdraw from some of its wine and beer investments.
Anheuser-Busch is holding talks with authorities in the US over a deal to buy two Californian distributors.
MillerCoors has said it is trying to resolve a trademark dispute that could halt a reintroduction of a Blue Moon extension.
With Anheuser-Busch InBev's capture of SABMiller almost over the line, focus turns to the potential fall out of the deal.
Heineken has completed its acquisition of a majority stake in Slovenian brewer and soft drinks producer Pivovarna Laško.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends