This week in beer and cider, featuring Constellation Brands' craft play, A-B InBev's SABMiller takeover and Carlsberg's UK payments row
This week in beer and cider
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We also have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Constellation Brands has moved into craft beer for the first time with the purchase of San Diego craft brewer Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits for US$1bn.
Constellation Brands' beer ambitions took a giant leap forward in 2012 when it secured the US rights to Grupo Modelo's brands. Yesterday, it took another big stride with the US$1bn acquisition of craft brewer Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits.
Completion of Anheuser-Busch InBev's purchase of SABMiller could take as long as 18 months, just-drinks has learnt.
Carlsberg has upped its official beer partnerships to include half of the clubs in the English Premier League after signing a deal with Watford.
Diageo has opened its experimental Guinness brewery to the public. The move, announced this week, reaffirms the company's emphasis on innovation within the beer brand, following the launch of the Brewers Project in September. last year.
Carlsberg has said that a recent change in the UK to its supplier terms, which has drawn the ire of several business organisations, does not apply to all of its suppliers.
Heineken has launched five city guides in the US as it partners with men's fashion stores to reach influential drinkers.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's US arm has extended its tie-up with Daytona International Speedway.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends