This week in beer and cider, featuring Asahi's arrival on the international scene and Carlsberg, Heineken and Molson Coors' FYs
This week in beer and cider
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed receipt of an offer from Asahi Group to buy SABMiller's Grolsch, Meantime and Peroni Nastro Azzuro beer brands.
In mid-February, Heineken released its figures for full-year 2015. Here's a round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
Here, Euromonitor considers what we can expect in the beer segment in the year ahead.
Having considered brewing trends in the year ahead yesterday, Euromonitor now takes a corporate view on what 2016 will look like in the beer category.
Earlier this week, Bernstein released the fourth edition of its annual global beer guide. With commentary from the sell-side research and brokerage firm, here's a look at the report's significant research conclusions.
In mid-February, Carlsberg released its figures for full-year 2015. Here's a round-up of just-drinks' coverage.
In the latest of his consumer trends articles, Ben Cooper highlights the potential still on offer for drinks companies from the Baby Boomers out there.
Molson Coors has professed itself to be pleased with its performance in 2015, despite a 14% fall in sales in the year.
Yesterday, Molson Coors reported a marked fall in full-year net profits on a 14% drop in sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the brewer's Q4 performance by region:
MillerCoors has seen the latter part of 2015 pull on its full-year bottom line, with one-offs in the fourth quarter hitting profits.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report