JAPAN: "Third-beer" sales boosts Kirin in H1
Japan's largest beer maker Kirin Brewery has reportedly posted a 20% leap in profits for the first half of the year.
Kirin reported operating profit of JPY45bn (US$391.3m), up from JPY37.5bn a year earlier, a Reuters report said. The brewer enjoyed soaring sales in Japan's 'third-beer' category and saw sales double to give it a 41% share of the segment.
Kirin's total beer sales, which also include regular beer and low-malt happoshu sales, rose almost 11% during the first six months of the year, Reuters said.
The brewer upped its full-year sales forecast to JPY1.68trillion and maintained its profit outlook at JPY117bn.
Kirin Brewery Co. has today (7 February) outlined plans to consolidate its alcohol, soft drinks and other businesses under one holding company....
The soft drinks arm of Japanese drinks group Asahi Breweries has posted its figures for 2006....
Japan's largest beer maker Asahi Breweries has reported a dip in annual profits due to higher promotion costs from last year's battle for the industry's top spot with Kirin Brewery Co....
The largest shareholder in Sapporo Holdings has taken issue with the Japanese group's plans to avoid a hostile takeover, according to local reports....
Japanese group Sapporo is planning to stop selling products on behalf of local soft drinks group Fujiya Co....
Sapporo Beverage Co. is considering dissolving its contract to sell drinks made by food and drinks maker Fujiya Co., according to local reports....
Kirin Beverage Corp. is targeting a healthy rise in soft drink sales in Japan this year, according to local reports....
Asahi has managed to hold on to the top spot in the Japanese beer market, despite a dip in sales volumes, according to local reports....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review