UK: Thieves target Grant's whisky
More than 100 bottles of Grant's whisky have been stolen from a lorry in the UK, police have reported.
Thieves stole a pallet of 105 bottles of Grant's from a lorry in a pub car park near Grantham, Lincolnshire, while the driver was asleep.
Police said today (8 January) that the thieves slashed the curtain-sided lorry to peer inside, before opening it up at the back and making off with the Scotch.
Grant's is owned by William Grant & Sons.
The theft took place sometime between 10pm on Monday 5 December and 7.50am the following morning. Police have appealed for witnesses.
There are circumstances when tradition and heritage are to be cherished and there are others when both can hang like dead weights around your neck....
Talks between Diageo and Scotland's first minister Alex Salmond over the drinks giant's proposal to cut 10% of its workforce in the country have been constructive, the firm said....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
A super premium Scottish gin, named Caorunn, has been launched in the UK by International Beverage Holdings, the global arm of ThaiBev....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has become the sole UK distributor for Bruichladdich, the Islay-based Scotch whisky distiller....
Diageo's plan to chop more than 10% of its workforce in Scotland marks the end of an era for the drinks giant's Johnnie Walker whisky brand....
Diageo is to cut more than 10% of its workforce in Scotland as part of a restructuring of its operations in the country....
European spirits firms have welcomed a commitment from Turkey to the EU that it will phase out higher taxes on imported spirits, compared to domestic products....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research