UK: Thierry's Wine Services founder dies
The founder and chairman of Thierry's Wine Services has died.
Thierry Cabanne passed away late last week following a car accident.
South African drinks company KWV, which has a 25% share in the wine importer, has said that it believes there will be no problems with their relationship following Cabanne's death.
KWV CEO Thys Loubser arrived in the UK today (17 September) from South Africa, to attend a planned board meeting at Thierry's, which will now be overshadowed by Cabanne's death.
Loubser said he was profoundly saddened by the loss of Thierry and sympathised with his next of kin, but added that Cabanne had put a good management team in place and KWV would support them fully during this traumatic time.
"We are steadfast in our commitment to Thierry's," Loubser told just-drinks. "Since our partnership started a year ago we have seen a steady growth of orders, which is very promising and we are confident of the company's ongoing success."
KWV Limited has reported growth in turnover and earnings, as the South African wine group benefited from a healthy dividend from its compatriot drinks group Distell....
French wine producer and trader Les Grands Chais de France (GCF) has acquired German counterpart Racke's winery at Mainz-Hechtsheim, as well as its Amselkeller, Viala, Bongeronde and Rosière brands fo...
The Racke Group has taken over control of its Eggers & Franke wine distribution joint venture in Germany....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends