US: The Wine Group takes over US distribution of Grupo Penaflor's Trapiche
The Wine Group has partnered with Grupo Peñaflor for the distribution of the latter's Trapiche wine brand in the US.
The two companies confirmed yesterday (13 February) that The Wine Group will handle Trapiche in the country from the beginning of April. Details of who the US firm will replace were not disclosed.
"We have developed a strong relationship with The Wine Group over the last few years,” said Peñaflor's CEO, Martin Ramos. “When we reviewed the strength of The Wine Group, we agreed that they were the best candidate to manage our Trapiche portfolio of brands in this strategically important wine market."
Ken Lizar, president of The Wine Group's Velocity Brands division, added: “Wines from Argentina are growing at a rate that far outpaces total industry growth and Trapiche will be the 'centre post' of our efforts to gain category leadership.”
Peñaflor is the largest wine company in Argentina. Owned by the Bemberg family, it also boasts the Finca Las Moras, Michel Torino and El Esteco wineries in its stable.
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- 'Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery'
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks