UK: The Speyside certified kosher
The Speyside 12-Year-Old single malt has been named as the first certified Kosher Scotch whisky.
Global Kosher of Passaic, New Jersey, approved the UK distiller's certification after touring the distillery and bottling plant near Kingussie, Scotland, in March 2006. The Speyside is available throughout the US and international markets.
Speyside Importing Company vice president Kai Andersen said: "We felt that thousands of Orthodox Scotch enthusiasts were unsure of the Kosher status of their Scotch, and saw an opportunity for The Speyside to fit their needs."
Global Kosher added: "Speyside is distinguished from most alcoholic beverages in that it now has actual certification, as opposed to simply being accepted for kosher use on the basis of cursory inquiries."
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends