UK: The Speyside certified kosher
The Speyside 12-Year-Old single malt has been named as the first certified Kosher Scotch whisky.
Global Kosher of Passaic, New Jersey, approved the UK distiller's certification after touring the distillery and bottling plant near Kingussie, Scotland, in March 2006. The Speyside is available throughout the US and international markets.
Speyside Importing Company vice president Kai Andersen said: "We felt that thousands of Orthodox Scotch enthusiasts were unsure of the Kosher status of their Scotch, and saw an opportunity for The Speyside to fit their needs."
Global Kosher added: "Speyside is distinguished from most alcoholic beverages in that it now has actual certification, as opposed to simply being accepted for kosher use on the basis of cursory inquiries."
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends