UK: The Speyside certified kosher
The Speyside 12-Year-Old single malt has been named as the first certified Kosher Scotch whisky.
Global Kosher of Passaic, New Jersey, approved the UK distiller's certification after touring the distillery and bottling plant near Kingussie, Scotland, in March 2006. The Speyside is available throughout the US and international markets.
Speyside Importing Company vice president Kai Andersen said: "We felt that thousands of Orthodox Scotch enthusiasts were unsure of the Kosher status of their Scotch, and saw an opportunity for The Speyside to fit their needs."
Global Kosher added: "Speyside is distinguished from most alcoholic beverages in that it now has actual certification, as opposed to simply being accepted for kosher use on the basis of cursory inquiries."
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign