UK: The Simply Great Drinks Company unveils new PomeGreat
Click through to see the new PomeGreat bottle
New PomeGreat owners The Simply Great Drinks Co has reformulated its pomegranate juice in the UK and launched it in 65cl PET bottles.
The new formula contains juice taken from pomegranates from a range of countries, selected “using global weather patterns to identify the best crop”, Simply Great said today (16 September). It goes on sale this week in 160 Waitrose supermarkets in the UK with an SRP of GBP2.99 (US$4.75), the company said.
“We’re excited by the initial reaction from consumers,” said Adam Pritchard, CEO of Simply Great Drinks Co and former PomeGreat head. “We’ve spent the last 12 months researching the very best pomegranate juices from around the world in order to create this unique drink.”
PomeGreat went into administration on 14 June and immediately sold to ACPT Ltd, now The Simply Great Drinks Co, a spokesperson told just-drinks today (16 September). The jobs of all nine staff have been transferred to the new owner.
Simply Great launched a concentrated version of its pomegranate juice drink in July.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Scotch Whisky Top 20 Export Markets 2014
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly