UK: The Simply Great Drinks Company unveils new PomeGreat
Click through to see the new PomeGreat bottle
New PomeGreat owners The Simply Great Drinks Co has reformulated its pomegranate juice in the UK and launched it in 65cl PET bottles.
The new formula contains juice taken from pomegranates from a range of countries, selected “using global weather patterns to identify the best crop”, Simply Great said today (16 September). It goes on sale this week in 160 Waitrose supermarkets in the UK with an SRP of GBP2.99 (US$4.75), the company said.
“We’re excited by the initial reaction from consumers,” said Adam Pritchard, CEO of Simply Great Drinks Co and former PomeGreat head. “We’ve spent the last 12 months researching the very best pomegranate juices from around the world in order to create this unique drink.”
PomeGreat went into administration on 14 June and immediately sold to ACPT Ltd, now The Simply Great Drinks Co, a spokesperson told just-drinks today (16 September). The jobs of all nine staff have been transferred to the new owner.
Simply Great launched a concentrated version of its pomegranate juice drink in July.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research