UK: The Simply Great Drinks Company unveils new PomeGreat
Click through to see the new PomeGreat bottle
New PomeGreat owners The Simply Great Drinks Co has reformulated its pomegranate juice in the UK and launched it in 65cl PET bottles.
The new formula contains juice taken from pomegranates from a range of countries, selected “using global weather patterns to identify the best crop”, Simply Great said today (16 September). It goes on sale this week in 160 Waitrose supermarkets in the UK with an SRP of GBP2.99 (US$4.75), the company said.
“We’re excited by the initial reaction from consumers,” said Adam Pritchard, CEO of Simply Great Drinks Co and former PomeGreat head. “We’ve spent the last 12 months researching the very best pomegranate juices from around the world in order to create this unique drink.”
PomeGreat went into administration on 14 June and immediately sold to ACPT Ltd, now The Simply Great Drinks Co, a spokesperson told just-drinks today (16 September). The jobs of all nine staff have been transferred to the new owner.
Simply Great launched a concentrated version of its pomegranate juice drink in July.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review