UK: The Simply Great Drinks Company unveils new PomeGreat
Click through to see the new PomeGreat bottle
New PomeGreat owners The Simply Great Drinks Co has reformulated its pomegranate juice in the UK and launched it in 65cl PET bottles.
The new formula contains juice taken from pomegranates from a range of countries, selected “using global weather patterns to identify the best crop”, Simply Great said today (16 September). It goes on sale this week in 160 Waitrose supermarkets in the UK with an SRP of GBP2.99 (US$4.75), the company said.
“We’re excited by the initial reaction from consumers,” said Adam Pritchard, CEO of Simply Great Drinks Co and former PomeGreat head. “We’ve spent the last 12 months researching the very best pomegranate juices from around the world in order to create this unique drink.”
PomeGreat went into administration on 14 June and immediately sold to ACPT Ltd, now The Simply Great Drinks Co, a spokesperson told just-drinks today (16 September). The jobs of all nine staff have been transferred to the new owner.
Simply Great launched a concentrated version of its pomegranate juice drink in July.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research