The Sazerac Co continues buying with SouthTrade International purchase
The Sazerac Co has made a wealth of acquisitions of late
The Sazerac Co has acquired control of Australian spirits distributor SouthTrade International.
The purchase, for an undisclosed sum, sees Sazerac take over SouthTrade from Pinnacle Drinks, the exclusive brands subsidiary of retailer Endeavour Drinks Group (formerly Woolworths Liquor). Sazerac made another acquisition this month, in the form of UK-based spirits bottler The Last Drop Distillers.
SouthTrade has distributed Sazerac's brands, including Buffalo Trace, since 2009.
Sazerac global sales director Guy May said the deal was "the realisation of an opportunity to capitalise on a portfolio of strong brands invested to succeed across all channels of the Australian drinks market".
Pinnacle acquired a controlling share of SouthTrade in 2014. The distributor's co-founder, Tony Stubley, said the transition to Sazerac's ownership will open up new routes to market for its brands.
"Meanwhile, our relationship with Pinnacle could not be better," Stubley said. "We will continue to represent their brands in the on-premise."
Bacardi Martini marketing director Ray Noble has been announced as managing director of SouthTrade. Founders Tony Stubley and Dave Higgins will remain on the company's board of directors.
Earlier this year, Remy Cointreau switched distribution partners in Australia from SouthTrade to Spirits Platform.
Sazerac's Barton 1792 distillery has released a Bourbon with a high percentage of rye. ...
Sazerac Co's A Smith Bowman Distillery has released the latest limited iteration of its Abraham Bowman whiskey brand....
The Sazerac Co has launched a seasonal winter liqueur, Granny's Gingerbread Cream....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range