US: The Pocket Shot Company expands into Europe
The Pocket Shot Company has entered into an alliance with spirits distributor Pocket Distribution in Europe.
Under the arrangement, confirmed yesterday (3 July), Pocket Distribution will offer Pocket Shot's full line of whiskey, vodka, rum, brandy, Tequila, gin and spiced rum drinks in 50ml pouches. The recommended retail price will be between EUR2.00 and EUR3.00 (US$3.13-4.70).
"Since its successful 2006 introduction in the US, Pocket Shot RTD spirits has been growing steadily in the market," said Jarry Bachmann, CEO of Pocket Shot. "This arrangement with Pocket Distribution enables us to meet that growing demand of European consumers, and effectively and efficiently bring our flexible pouch spirits to a broader market. We look forward to a strong and collaborative relationship."
Pocket Shots were rolled-out in October 2006 as a single serve alcohol product in a flexible stand-up pouch originally distributed throughout California. The packaging shape resembles a miniature bottle and has a bottleneck for easy pouring.
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Neither economic gloom nor the presence of an illustrious neighbour appear to be overshadowing Armagnac, France's less well known brandy denomination. Chris Losh found the region's producers to be in ...
Diageo has lined up a sponsorship slot in the UK with satellite television channel Film4....
Shipping problems and a weakening economy have caused a revenue decline for Drinks Americas in its first half, the US group has said....
Pernod Ricard has signed a deal with Norway's Arcus Gruppen to sell several drinks brands acquired as part of its takeover of Vin & Sprit....
A Moet Hennessy UK advert for Belvedere vodka has been shot down by the country's advert watchdog....
Brown spirits, led by whisky, are making a comeback in the US market, according to new research....
Central European Distribution Organisation, the wine and spirits group, has said it has signed a deal to refinance its short-term debt, enabling it to continue investing in key growth markets....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends