USA: The Minute Maid Company Launches First-Ever Orange Juice Fortified with Vitamins C and E Plus Zinc
"Antioxidant vitamins C and E and the mineral zinc have been shown to help support the body's natural defenses," said Jeffrey Blumberg, Ph.D., Chief of the Antioxidants Research Laboratory at Tufts University. "Yet, our intake of these nutrients sometimes falls short. For example, recent data from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III) show that blood levels of vitamin E are less than optimal in more than 27 percent of the U.S. population(2), and that 44 percent of Americans have inadequate intakes of zinc.(3)"
Adding new Minute Maid Premium Extra Vitamins C and E plus Zinc orange juice to the existing Minute Maid product portfolio provides an even wider variety of choices to help meet nutrition needs of the whole family. "This new product reinforces The Minute Maid Company's commitment to providing the best beverages for healthy living," said Molly Gee, M.Ed., R.D., nutrition consultant, The Minute Maid Company. "With Minute Maid Premium Extra Vitamins C and E plus Zinc orange juice, families are getting extra nutrition through great-tasting orange juice they already love to drink."
To better meet nutrition needs and promote optimal health, the Institute of Medicine's Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academy of Sciences increased recommended intakes for antioxidant vitamins C and E in April 2000. The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for vitamin C increased to 75 mg for adult women and 90 mg for adult men, and the RDA for vitamin E increased to 15 mg for all adults.(4)
New Minute Maid Premium Extra Vitamins C and E plus Zinc orange juice is now available on grocery store shelves across the country. The new orange juice is available in chilled, ready-to-drink 64-ounce cartons and 12-ounce frozen cans.
The Minute Maid Company is an operating group of The Coca-Cola Company and the flagship of its worldwide fruit beverage business. For free nutrition information, call The Minute Maid Company at 1-800-888-6488 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT, or visit http://www.minutemaid.com.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China