UK: The Macallan launches Christmas trade promotions and sponsorship
In the key pre-Christmas sales period, distributor of The Macallan, Maxxium UK, will be conducting a series of nationwide on trade promotions including "Malt of the Month" and a tot trial programme to raise awareness amongst target consumers.
High profile sponsorships, again reaching a very strong target audience for the brand, include The Macallan Taste of Scotland Awards, set up to encourage the pursuit of excellence and recognise the best in Scottish catering and hospitality. There is also The Macallan Crime Writer Association Awards, one of the longest running literary awards in the UK. Previous winners of The Macallan Gold Dagger Award for Fiction include Ian Fleming, Ruth Rendell and Colin Dexter.
Jane Wilson, senior marketing manager at Maxxium UK said: "The Macallan is one of the most successful and most respected single malts in the world. Consumers know that they can depend on The Macallan to deliver an outstanding premium quality product and we are committed to building on this."
The Macallan is one of the fastest growing key malts in the UK on-trade. Its share of the on-trade malt whisky market in the UK has increased by more than 28% with on-trade sales increasing by an impressive 18.2% (AC Nielsen April/May 2000).
Having arguably failed to reach their potential in the US, following a phenomenal start in California, the "smoothie" has become a major success story in the UK soft drinks market. So much so, accordi...
The UK market is developing in terms of sales and sophistication. Drawing on up-to-the-minute consumer research, Alex McPhee, Neville Calvert and David Matthews of management consultants, KPMG, examin...
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
Cerveceria Chile saw its domestic market share leap last month, according to recent figures....
Average per capita wine consumption in Italy has dropped by over a half in the last 33 years, according to recent figures....
The sale of mineral water at retail level in Switzerland has fallen 10% in the year to May....
Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) has had its rating upgraded....
Carlsberg has renewed its sponsorship with European Champions League winners Liverpool....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future