UK: The Macallan launches $2m global campaign
The advertising is being launched with a national print campaign in selected upmarket magazines, including Esquire and The Robb Report. This will be followed by outdoor advertising in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco before being rolled out to international markets, including Taiwan, duty free and core European markets, such as the UK.
Matthew Turner, global marketing controller, The Macallan, said the timing of the campaign couldn't be better.
"Globally, sales of The Macallan have risen strongly in recent years and the campaign signals an exciting new phase in the brand's development," said Turner.
"Our intention is to significantly increase product awareness and build The Macallan into a globally recognised, iconic, luxury brand."
This summer, the brand became the first Scotch whisky to open an office in China. It is now market leader in Taiwan, number three in the UK and US and is the fifth best selling malt worldwide.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review