UK: The Macallan announces new Whisky range
The Macallan has today unveiled a new single malt product range. A multi-million pound investment has led to the creation of "Fine Oak", which will spearhead a drive to increase the brand's market share.
The brand, recently awarded its sixth Queen's Award and named "best malt in the world" by Whisky Magazine, presently sells over 300,000 cases annually in 60 countries with key markets in America and Asia.
In a statement, The Macallan's global controller, Matthew Turner said: "The Macallan has a history of great success with its lighter styles. One example is our duty free exclusive, Elegancia, which is lighter in colour and character than other Macallan expressions, and has achieved very impressive growth since its launch two years ago."
The secret behind the new expression, he said, lies in its maturation in carefully selected European and American oak casks, which have previously held Sherry or Bourbon, resulting in a particularly smooth, delicate and light single malt.
Coinciding with the launch of Fine Oak is this week's unveiling of new packaging for The Macallan's core range of sherry oak expressions - the first significant redesign for two decades.
"These new developments come in the wake of an exciting 12 months for the brand and are set to propel The Macallan forward and grow market share. We have many exciting plans for the brand, which will see it go from strength to strength," Turner added.
"Both the Asian and American markets are demonstrating a huge appetite for The Macallan while the brand's performance in the travel retail sector has been phenomenal, with new airline listings making the malt accessible to more than 100m air travellers.
"We now look forward to a successful global launch of Fine Oak - bringing the discerning and sophisticated whisky drinker the opportunity to enjoy this sublime single malt."
Fine Oak will be rolled out world-wide from this month.
After 20 years, the EU has finally agreed a wine trade treaty with the US but European producers fear that too much ground has been given, particularly with regard to the protection of places of origi...
In the third in a series of reports on major family-controlled companies in the wines and spirits arena, Ben Cooper and drinks industry analyst Canadean take a look at Fortune Brands, which owns the i...
A majority of American wine consumers rank where a wine comes from higher than most other factors when making purchases....
Maxxium UK has added to its Highland Park range, launching a 30 year old single malt for the first time....
A brewer in Germany claims to have produced the world's strongest beer. ...
Drinks group Maxxium Canada is set to become the third largest spirits company in Canada, following the addition of four new brands resulting from the recent acquisition of some Allied Domecq brands b...
Europe's producers of Champagne, Port and Sherry have joined winemakers from Napa Valley, Oregon, and Washington State in signing a declaration of joint principles stating the importance of location t...
Leading US and European wine regions are to sign a declaration to protect and promote "location" within the wine industry, the Office Of Champagne in the US said yesterday (18 July)....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018