Product Launch - UK: The London Distillery Co's Dodd's Gin, Fortnum's Edition
Click through to view The London Distillery Co's Dodd's Gin, Fortnum's Edition
The London Distillery Co's Dodd's Gin, Fortnum's Edition
Category - Gin, 49.9% abv
Available - From 2 April, limited to 300 units
Location - UK, off-trade, exclusive to Fortnum & Mason in London
Price - SRP of GBP39.50 (US$65) per 50cl bottle during April, GBP42.50 thereafter
Distribution - London Distillery Co
The London Distillery Co has teamed up with high-end retailer Fortnum & Mason to launch a limited edition of its Dodd's gin brand. The company, which launched the brand a year ago, will celebrate the anniversary with the 300-unit iteration.
Late last year, London Distillery Co distilled whisky from its still, the first time whisky has been produced in London for around 100 years.
The London Distillery Company has announced its collaboration with luxury retailer Fortnum & Mason to create a limited edition Dodd’s Gin, commemorating one year since the inaugural batch was launched in the store. No more than 300 bottles are to be produced and will be launched in-store on Wednesday 2nd April 2014. Botanical inspiration has been taken from Fortnum & Mason, which has rooftop beehives as well as an array of exceptional teas.
Developed at the Battersea based distillery, the limited edition Dodd’s Gin will be hand bottled, labelled and numbered, featuring an exclusive design by United Creatives*. The organic** ingredients used to create the backbone of the gin are distilled in ‘Christina’, a traditional 140-litre copper still, with the more delicate botanicals being reserved for ‘Little Albion’, The London Distillery Company’s state-of-the-art cold vacuum still.
Dodd’s Gin was released in spring 2013 and pays tribute to Ralph Dodd, an 18th century born entrepreneur and engineer who never quite fulfilled his plans to create Genuine British Spirits Compounds and Cordials. The London Distillery Company’s co-founder Darren Rook and his team discovered the Dodd legacy, a business with similar ethos and name, over a year after founding the company in 2011. Unlike Dodd, The London Distillery Company has had a successful start to trading and in addition to creating gin they are making London’s first single malt whisky in over a century.
CEO Darren Rook comments: “Over the last year Fortnum & Mason has been fantastically supportive of the distillery and what we do. When talking with them about a collaboration for our first anniversary, an exclusive Dodd’s Gin using their heritage and honey as inspiration seemed a natural progression. Fortnum & Mason has an outstanding selection of high quality produce and we have been experimenting with various teas, spices and other botanicals to create a new recipe. Dodd’s Gin enthusiasts will still recognise the main backbone of their favourite gin but should be pleasantly surprised by the subtle variation.”
Dodd’s Gin, Fortnum’s Edition is non-chill filtered, bottled at 49.9% ABV and presented in 50cl bottles. Available exclusively from iconic retailer Fortnum & Mason from 2nd April, Dodd’s Gin, Fortnum’s Edition will be featuring as Spirit of the Month at £39.50, after which time the RRP will be £42.50.
Original source: Company Release
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research