UK: The Kraken set for UK TV push
Proximo Spirits is to run its first UK consumer advertising for The Kraken spiced rum.
Three ads, which originally appeared in a US campaign, will appear on TV-on-demand and in cinemas in September and October to raise awareness in the run-up to Halloween and Christmas. All three can be viewed below.
Dave Steward, business development director at distributor Marblehead, said: “We’re in Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose and distribution is arguably running ahead of where we need to be on marketing.
“We set a target of 4,000 cases in the first year but hit 11,000, and in the current year [to June 2013] we should reach 25,000.”
Marblehead has just launched The Kraken in Ireland through distributor Febvre Wines.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research