Product Launch - GLOBAL: The Irishman Brands Co's The Irishman 12 Year Old
Click through to view The Irishman Brands Co's The Irishman 12 Year Old
The Irishman Brands Co's The Irishman 12 Year Old
Category - Spirits, whiskey, Irish, 43% abv
Available - From this month, limited to around 4,000 units
Location - The US, Canada, Europe and Russia
Price - In Europe, RRP of EUR69 (US$92) per bottle
Family-owned The Irishman Brands Co has lined up the limited release of a 12-year-old expression of its namesake Irish whiskey brand. The Irishman 12 Year Old, which has been aged in first-fill Bourbon casks, is part of “a series of planned new releases”, the company said.
The firm, owned by the Walsh family, intends to limit its total output to 6,000 bottles a year but has only made 4,000 bottles of the 12-year-old available.
Finally the wait is over, 12 years since first laid down, The Irishman is set to release 12 barrels of its first 12 year old Single Malt Irish Whiskey. Hot on the heels of a major repackaging of its brands in June, The Irishman has followed up with a stunner. This is a real statement of intent by Founder Bernard Walsh as the company is working its way through a series of planned new releases.
This outstanding whiskey is the outcome of 12 years maturation in exclusively first fill Bourbon casks. The result is a whiskey that shows exceptional interaction between spirit and wood. “Each year we will select only a handful of the best barrels, to make the cut for our 12 Year Old” Walsh says. Although the company only ever plans to release a maximum of 6000 bottles annually, this year the number will be restricted to just 12 barrels (approximately 4000 bottles). Each bottle comes signed and numbered by batch as a mark of quality.
Furthermore, this is the first commercial bottling in Ireland of non-chill filtered 12 year old Single Malt Irish Whiskey at 43%.
Proving that The Irishman produce only the best Irish whiskey, this 12 Year Old Single Malt has been awarded Gold and Best In Class at the 2013 International Spirits Challenge held in London.
In line with this update, The Irishman Whiskey is also launching a new website that includes, amongst other features, a news-driven blog for friends of The Irishman to stay connected with their favourite tipple and location for consumption across the globe.
Original source: Company Release
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015