UK: The Glenrothes readies retirement limited edition
Scotch whisky producer The Glenrothes is marking the retirement of its malt master with an extension to its portfolio.
The Glenrothes, which is owned by BB&R Spirits, will launch The Glenrothes John Ramsay in September, after Ramsay steps down from his position after 43 years of service to the whisky industry.
The variant will be available at Berry Bros & Rudd and other specialist retailers for around GBP700 per bottle.
"This exceptional bottling is a fitting tribute to one of the quiet men of blending," said Ronnie Cox, The Glenrothes' brands heritage director. "John lets his whiskies do the talking. I am confident The Glenrothes John Ramsay will prove to be an extremely articulate expression that will find favour with whisky enthusiasts everywhere."
The expression has an engraved copper label, while each individually numbered bottle has John Ramsay's signature etched onto it. The oak box features a bottle-shaped window and carries a leather booklet with John's own description of how he crafted the whisky.
The run of The Glenrothes John Ramsay will be limited to 1,400 bottles.
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Comment Pieces of 2009....
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
A French court ruling to recognise the case of creditors due a total of EUR375m (US$535m) from struggling drinks group Belvédère will not damage the firm's relaunch plan, its lawyer has told just-drin...
Chivas Brothers has launched a print advertising campaign for its Royal Salute brand. The campaign will be launched in January 2010, initially in China and will then be rolled out through the Asian re...
Highland Park's The Earl Magnus Edition 1...
Blavod Wines & Spirits has reported strong sales growth in the first half of its fiscal year, but said profits were held back by a poor performance from its Black Vodka brand....
Ian Macleod Distillers has signed a deal for its Isle of Skye Scotch whisky to sponsor Scottish Racing....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends