Product Launch - UK: The Glenrothes John Ramsay Legacy bottling
The Glenrothes John Ramsay Legacy bottling
Category - Scotch whisky, single malt, 46.7% abv
Available - From the start of this month
Location - Specialist retailers across the UK and on The Glenrothes website
Price - RRP GBP699 (US$1,105) per bottle
Distribution - Maxxium UK
The variant is a non-vintage selection of 30 casks personally chosen by malt master John Ramsay, who retired last month. The casks are all second-fill American Oak sherry casks from Vintages ranging from 1973 to 1987.
A total of 100 bottles will be available in the UK.
Each 70cl bottle is individually numbered and presented in a bespoke oak box. A booklet scripted by John Ramsay, including tasting notes, is also kept in a hidden drawer at the base of the box.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends