Product Launch – GLOBAL: The Glenmorangie Co's Ardbeg Galileo
Click through to view The Glenmorangie Co's Ardbeg Galileo
The Glenmorangie Co's Ardbeg Galileo
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, 49% abv
Available - From 1 September
Location - UK, Europe and selected Asian markets, from specialist retailers
Price - In UK, GBP69.99 (US$110) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - The Glenmorangie Company
Glenmorangie has lined up this year's limited release from Ardbeg. The Islay-based distillery will launch Ardbeg Galileo next month to commemorate an experiment earlier this year that saw molecules of Ardbeg travel into space.
Galileo comprises whisky distilled in 1999 and comprises Scotch matured in ex-marsala casks from Sicily and then balanced with first-fill ex-Bourbon casks.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Glenmorangie said a total of 5,000 cases would be released.
Having looked back at Chris Losh's predictions for 2012 a year ago, his success rate is clearly wobbly. Here's hoping in this, the first part of his preview of 2013, he takes it a bit more seriously. ...
The first whisky distillery on the Outer Hebridean island of Harris plans to start production in 2014 with the "super premium" Hearach single malt. ...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World