Product Launch – GLOBAL: The Glenmorangie Co's Ardbeg Galileo
Click through to view The Glenmorangie Co's Ardbeg Galileo
The Glenmorangie Co's Ardbeg Galileo
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, 49% abv
Available - From 1 September
Location - UK, Europe and selected Asian markets, from specialist retailers
Price - In UK, GBP69.99 (US$110) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - The Glenmorangie Company
Glenmorangie has lined up this year's limited release from Ardbeg. The Islay-based distillery will launch Ardbeg Galileo next month to commemorate an experiment earlier this year that saw molecules of Ardbeg travel into space.
Galileo comprises whisky distilled in 1999 and comprises Scotch matured in ex-marsala casks from Sicily and then balanced with first-fill ex-Bourbon casks.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Glenmorangie said a total of 5,000 cases would be released.
Having looked back at Chris Losh's predictions for 2012 a year ago, his success rate is clearly wobbly. Here's hoping in this, the first part of his preview of 2013, he takes it a bit more seriously. ...
The first whisky distillery on the Outer Hebridean island of Harris plans to start production in 2014 with the "super premium" Hearach single malt. ...
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- PepsiCo find stability but Peltz concerns linger
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Molson Coors CEO to retire