UK: The Glenmorangie Co to sponsor Open Championship golf
The Glenmorangie Co signs Open Championship golf deal
Moët Hennessy's Scotch whisky subsidiary, The Glenmorangie Co, has signed a three-year sponsorship deal with the organiser of the UK Open Championship golf tournament.
Glenmorangie will be the official whisk(e)y of the annual Open Championship for three years starting in 2012, said the group and the tournament's organiser, The R&A, today (2 February). Watched by around 458m households worldwide, the tournament is one of golf's signature events.
Paul Skipworth, president and MD of Glenmorangie Co, said that the deal "will see our whisky showcased to as many as 200,000 visitors at each Open".
This year's Open will take place at Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club in Lancashire between 19 and 22 July.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research