UK: The Glenmorangie Co to sponsor Open Championship golf
The Glenmorangie Co signs Open Championship golf deal
Moët Hennessy's Scotch whisky subsidiary, The Glenmorangie Co, has signed a three-year sponsorship deal with the organiser of the UK Open Championship golf tournament.
Glenmorangie will be the official whisk(e)y of the annual Open Championship for three years starting in 2012, said the group and the tournament's organiser, The R&A, today (2 February). Watched by around 458m households worldwide, the tournament is one of golf's signature events.
Paul Skipworth, president and MD of Glenmorangie Co, said that the deal "will see our whisky showcased to as many as 200,000 visitors at each Open".
This year's Open will take place at Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club in Lancashire between 19 and 22 July.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets