UK: The Glenmorangie Co to sponsor Open Championship golf
The Glenmorangie Co signs Open Championship golf deal
Moët Hennessy's Scotch whisky subsidiary, The Glenmorangie Co, has signed a three-year sponsorship deal with the organiser of the UK Open Championship golf tournament.
Glenmorangie will be the official whisk(e)y of the annual Open Championship for three years starting in 2012, said the group and the tournament's organiser, The R&A, today (2 February). Watched by around 458m households worldwide, the tournament is one of golf's signature events.
Paul Skipworth, president and MD of Glenmorangie Co, said that the deal "will see our whisky showcased to as many as 200,000 visitors at each Open".
This year's Open will take place at Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club in Lancashire between 19 and 22 July.
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL