UK: The Glenmorangie Co to sponsor Open Championship golf
The Glenmorangie Co signs Open Championship golf deal
Moët Hennessy's Scotch whisky subsidiary, The Glenmorangie Co, has signed a three-year sponsorship deal with the organiser of the UK Open Championship golf tournament.
Glenmorangie will be the official whisk(e)y of the annual Open Championship for three years starting in 2012, said the group and the tournament's organiser, The R&A, today (2 February). Watched by around 458m households worldwide, the tournament is one of golf's signature events.
Paul Skipworth, president and MD of Glenmorangie Co, said that the deal "will see our whisky showcased to as many as 200,000 visitors at each Open".
This year's Open will take place at Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club in Lancashire between 19 and 22 July.
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- 'Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery'
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks