UK: The Glenmorangie Co bags Tony Jacklin as brand ambassador
Tony Jacklin will represent the Glenmorangie brand
Moët Hennessy's Scotch whisky subsidiary, The Glenmorangie Co, has signed up British golf hero Tony Jacklin as its brand ambassador for an initial one year.
Jacklin, a former Ryder Cup captain, will appear at Glenmorangie's chalet at this week's Open Championship at Royal Lytham & St Annes, a Glenmorangie spokesperson told just-drinks. Jacklin, who won The Open at Royal Lytham & St Annes in 1969, will partner with Glenmorangie for an initial one-year period, which could be extended to three, the spokesperson added.
He will also make appearances for the Glenmorangie brand at consumer and distributor events in the UK and North America.
Jacklin is the first golfer to be brand ambassador for the Scotch maker.
In February, Glenmorangie announced a three-year deal to sponsor The Open - the first time it has sponsored the event.
Having looked back at Chris Losh's predictions for 2012 a year ago, his success rate is clearly wobbly. Here's hoping in this, the first part of his preview of 2013, he takes it a bit more seriously. ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015