UK: The Glenmorangie Co bags Tony Jacklin as brand ambassador
Tony Jacklin will represent the Glenmorangie brand
Moët Hennessy's Scotch whisky subsidiary, The Glenmorangie Co, has signed up British golf hero Tony Jacklin as its brand ambassador for an initial one year.
Jacklin, a former Ryder Cup captain, will appear at Glenmorangie's chalet at this week's Open Championship at Royal Lytham & St Annes, a Glenmorangie spokesperson told just-drinks. Jacklin, who won The Open at Royal Lytham & St Annes in 1969, will partner with Glenmorangie for an initial one-year period, which could be extended to three, the spokesperson added.
He will also make appearances for the Glenmorangie brand at consumer and distributor events in the UK and North America.
Jacklin is the first golfer to be brand ambassador for the Scotch maker.
In February, Glenmorangie announced a three-year deal to sponsor The Open - the first time it has sponsored the event.
Having looked back at Chris Losh's predictions for 2012 a year ago, his success rate is clearly wobbly. Here's hoping in this, the first part of his preview of 2013, he takes it a bit more seriously. ...
As beer industry globalization continues apace, this report charts the latest developments, with data on volume by country, continent, brewer and brand. It provides highly detailed profiles of the lea...
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Can Absolut's US Headache be Soothed by Elyx?
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- Diageo opens Guinness Brewhouse No 4 in Dublin
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l