UK: The Glenmorangie Co bags Tony Jacklin as brand ambassador
Tony Jacklin will represent the Glenmorangie brand
Moët Hennessy's Scotch whisky subsidiary, The Glenmorangie Co, has signed up British golf hero Tony Jacklin as its brand ambassador for an initial one year.
Jacklin, a former Ryder Cup captain, will appear at Glenmorangie's chalet at this week's Open Championship at Royal Lytham & St Annes, a Glenmorangie spokesperson told just-drinks. Jacklin, who won The Open at Royal Lytham & St Annes in 1969, will partner with Glenmorangie for an initial one-year period, which could be extended to three, the spokesperson added.
He will also make appearances for the Glenmorangie brand at consumer and distributor events in the UK and North America.
Jacklin is the first golfer to be brand ambassador for the Scotch maker.
In February, Glenmorangie announced a three-year deal to sponsor The Open - the first time it has sponsored the event.
Having looked back at Chris Losh's predictions for 2012 a year ago, his success rate is clearly wobbly. Here's hoping in this, the first part of his preview of 2013, he takes it a bit more seriously. ...
As beer industry globalization continues apace, this report charts the latest developments, with data on volume by country, continent, brewer and brand. It provides highly detailed profiles of the lea...
Asia Pacific Breweries is Heineken’s joint venture in Singapore, with a variety of brands and consumer beverages that enjoy prominence in their local markets. The venture is crucial to the firm's grow...
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites