UK: The Glenmorangie Co bags Tony Jacklin as brand ambassador
Tony Jacklin will represent the Glenmorangie brand
Moët Hennessy's Scotch whisky subsidiary, The Glenmorangie Co, has signed up British golf hero Tony Jacklin as its brand ambassador for an initial one year.
Jacklin, a former Ryder Cup captain, will appear at Glenmorangie's chalet at this week's Open Championship at Royal Lytham & St Annes, a Glenmorangie spokesperson told just-drinks. Jacklin, who won The Open at Royal Lytham & St Annes in 1969, will partner with Glenmorangie for an initial one-year period, which could be extended to three, the spokesperson added.
He will also make appearances for the Glenmorangie brand at consumer and distributor events in the UK and North America.
Jacklin is the first golfer to be brand ambassador for the Scotch maker.
In February, Glenmorangie announced a three-year deal to sponsor The Open - the first time it has sponsored the event.
Having looked back at Chris Losh's predictions for 2012 a year ago, his success rate is clearly wobbly. Here's hoping in this, the first part of his preview of 2013, he takes it a bit more seriously. ...
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research