UK: The Glenmorangie Co bags Tony Jacklin as brand ambassador
Tony Jacklin will represent the Glenmorangie brand
Moët Hennessy's Scotch whisky subsidiary, The Glenmorangie Co, has signed up British golf hero Tony Jacklin as its brand ambassador for an initial one year.
Jacklin, a former Ryder Cup captain, will appear at Glenmorangie's chalet at this week's Open Championship at Royal Lytham & St Annes, a Glenmorangie spokesperson told just-drinks. Jacklin, who won The Open at Royal Lytham & St Annes in 1969, will partner with Glenmorangie for an initial one-year period, which could be extended to three, the spokesperson added.
He will also make appearances for the Glenmorangie brand at consumer and distributor events in the UK and North America.
Jacklin is the first golfer to be brand ambassador for the Scotch maker.
In February, Glenmorangie announced a three-year deal to sponsor The Open - the first time it has sponsored the event.
Having looked back at Chris Losh's predictions for 2012 a year ago, his success rate is clearly wobbly. Here's hoping in this, the first part of his preview of 2013, he takes it a bit more seriously. ...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends