UK: The Glenlivet, Caskstrength.net partner with Athlete for tasting programme
The Glenlivet will be the subject of tastings at four concerts in the UK by Athlete later this month
The Glenlivet will be the subject of a series of consumer tastings on offer at four live dates for Athlete around the UK, to consumers of legal drinking age, later this month. The staff of Caskstrength.net will run the tastings before the band takes to the stage, the company said today (12 July).
The tastings shall be open to fans already holding tickets, via a competition run on Athlete’s Facebook page. Also, three pairs of tickets to each of the four shows have been made available to win via the brand's 'Guardians of The Glenlivet' consumer programme.
Attendees will be offered a range of single malts from The Glenlivet portfolio at the dates listed below.
Sat 23: Bristol Thekla
Sun 24: Oxford Academy 2
Sat 30: Glasgow The Arches
Sun 31: Birmingham HMV Library
Founded by two former music industry employees, Caskstrength.net worked with US rock group The Arcade Fire earlier this month, running a whisky bar backstage at the band's concert in London's Hyde Park.
The final part of just-drinks' December management briefing, looking back over the past 12 months, reviews what 2011 meant for the global wine industry. Ben Cooper reports....
Ten years on and the legacy of Pernod Ricard and Diageo's carve-up of Seagram is still being felt....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas....
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row