UK: The Glenlivet, Caskstrength.net partner with Athlete for tasting programme
The Glenlivet will be the subject of tastings at four concerts in the UK by Athlete later this month
The Glenlivet will be the subject of a series of consumer tastings on offer at four live dates for Athlete around the UK, to consumers of legal drinking age, later this month. The staff of Caskstrength.net will run the tastings before the band takes to the stage, the company said today (12 July).
The tastings shall be open to fans already holding tickets, via a competition run on Athlete’s Facebook page. Also, three pairs of tickets to each of the four shows have been made available to win via the brand's 'Guardians of The Glenlivet' consumer programme.
Attendees will be offered a range of single malts from The Glenlivet portfolio at the dates listed below.
Sat 23: Bristol Thekla
Sun 24: Oxford Academy 2
Sat 30: Glasgow The Arches
Sun 31: Birmingham HMV Library
Founded by two former music industry employees, Caskstrength.net worked with US rock group The Arcade Fire earlier this month, running a whisky bar backstage at the band's concert in London's Hyde Park.
The final part of just-drinks' December management briefing, looking back over the past 12 months, reviews what 2011 meant for the global wine industry. Ben Cooper reports....
Ten years on and the legacy of Pernod Ricard and Diageo's carve-up of Seagram is still being felt....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China