USA: Comment - Starbucks: the friendly face of globalization
Starbucks has announced that it will pay more for ethically and ecologically sound coffee. Starbucks is taking steps to improve its reputation as an ethical trader on the global coffee market. This is important for Starbucks as it has positioned itself as an experiential and lifestyle choice for the young urban consumer. Although this is a valuable PR exercise, it will also serve to protect Starbucks' supply of luxury coffee.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"