PORTUGAL: The Fladgate Partnership buys Port maker Wiese & Krohn
The Fladgate Partnership has bought single-harvest tawny Port specialist Wiese & Krohn for an undisclosed fee.
The deal includes Wiese & Krohn's Quinta do Retiro Novo vineyard in the Rio Torto valley and strengthens Fladgate's portfolio of tawny aged Ports, the company's CEO, Adrian Bridge, said yesterday (25 June). “It is our view that the future of quality Port is very strong,” Bridge said.
“The Fladgate Partnership is already responsible for over one-third of all quality Ports produced by the industry, placing it in a uniquely favourable position to benefit from future growth in demand for premium Port.”
Wiese & Krohn was founded in 1865 by two Norwegian entrepreneurs and has Port stocks of about 5m litres, according to its website.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research