PORTUGAL: The Fladgate Partnership buys Port maker Wiese & Krohn
The Fladgate Partnership has bought single-harvest tawny Port specialist Wiese & Krohn for an undisclosed fee.
The deal includes Wiese & Krohn's Quinta do Retiro Novo vineyard in the Rio Torto valley and strengthens Fladgate's portfolio of tawny aged Ports, the company's CEO, Adrian Bridge, said yesterday (25 June). “It is our view that the future of quality Port is very strong,” Bridge said.
“The Fladgate Partnership is already responsible for over one-third of all quality Ports produced by the industry, placing it in a uniquely favourable position to benefit from future growth in demand for premium Port.”
Wiese & Krohn was founded in 1865 by two Norwegian entrepreneurs and has Port stocks of about 5m litres, according to its website.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future