UK: The Famous Grouse gets go-ahead for rugby sponsorship
French law prohibits the advertising of alcoholic products at sporting events and all past efforts to include mention of Scotland's team sponsor when Scotland played France in Paris, have failed.
However, after long negotiations with FFR officials, the SRU was given the green light to use the abbreviated 'TFG' on players' jerseys.
Tara Serafini, The Famous Grouse PR and sponsorship manager, said she was delighted with the outcome.
"The Famous Grouse has been official team sponsor since the 1990 tour of New Zealand and we are delighted we will now be supporting the Scotland team on French soil. It is a huge step forward for us and we would like to thank the SRU for all their hard work in working with the FFR on our behalf."
I'm not one naturally to side with the hugely rich and influential, but I can't help but feel a twinge of sympathy for those members of the Taittinger clan who wanted to keep the family business. Alas...
The last month has seen the launch of two prestige wines from South Africa, not hitherto a region renowned for super-premium offerings. But if these two take off, Chris Losh expects to see more super-...
A new public relations agency has been appointed for two of Coors Brewing Company's beer brands....
Sweden's state-owned retail monopoly Systembolaget is launching an SEK8m (US$960,000) ad campaign to defend its hold on alcohol sales in the country....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
Cobra Beer has announced plans to launch Cobra Lower Cal/Lower Carb in the UK....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp