UK: The Edrington Group unveils Brugal sampling campaign
Scottish spirits company The Edrington Group is launching a nationwide sampling campaign this summer for its Brugal rum brand.
This activity forms part of the overall Brugal UK launch strategy in which The Edrington Group's distribution partners, Maxxium UK, will be investing over GBP1m (US$1.6m) in the first 18 months.
The Brugal Lime trucks are touring the country, from their start in Scotland on 1 June to Brighton, where they end the campaign on the 8 August.
Karen Dobie, Brugal brand manager Maxxium UK, said: "At Maxxium UK we are keen to really get behind this brand and this sampling activity aims to drive 25,000 trials of Brugal."
The sampling teams are targeting key city centre locations such as Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol and London.
Each day the sampling teams are distributing 1,500 limes and Brugal Golden Mojito guides to consumers. This encourages them to visit local outlets and redeem a complimentary Golden Mojito, made with Brugal Anejo, sugar syrup, lime wedges and mint leaves, topped with ginger ale and a stick of sugar cane.
A programme of in-bar sampling is also taking place in each of the cities for five weeks per territory.
Brugal rum is distilled, matured and bottled in the Dominican Republic.
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
Russian Standard Vodka is switching distribution in Spain to Maxxium Espana as it prepares for a bigger sales push in the country....
Highland Park's The Earl Magnus Edition 1...
Remy Cointreau has reported a fall in half-year earnings, but operating profits and sales were boosted by higher sales of high-end Cognac in China....
Fortune Brands, owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, expects to increase the proportion of its sales from outside of the US, group chief financial officer Craig Omtvedt has told an investor conference...
The Edrington Group has announced the closure of one of its facilities in Scotland....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World