UK: The Edrington Group unveils Brugal sampling campaign
Scottish spirits company The Edrington Group is launching a nationwide sampling campaign this summer for its Brugal rum brand.
This activity forms part of the overall Brugal UK launch strategy in which The Edrington Group's distribution partners, Maxxium UK, will be investing over GBP1m (US$1.6m) in the first 18 months.
The Brugal Lime trucks are touring the country, from their start in Scotland on 1 June to Brighton, where they end the campaign on the 8 August.
Karen Dobie, Brugal brand manager Maxxium UK, said: "At Maxxium UK we are keen to really get behind this brand and this sampling activity aims to drive 25,000 trials of Brugal."
The sampling teams are targeting key city centre locations such as Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol and London.
Each day the sampling teams are distributing 1,500 limes and Brugal Golden Mojito guides to consumers. This encourages them to visit local outlets and redeem a complimentary Golden Mojito, made with Brugal Anejo, sugar syrup, lime wedges and mint leaves, topped with ginger ale and a stick of sugar cane.
A programme of in-bar sampling is also taking place in each of the cities for five weeks per territory.
Brugal rum is distilled, matured and bottled in the Dominican Republic.
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
Russian Standard Vodka is switching distribution in Spain to Maxxium Espana as it prepares for a bigger sales push in the country....
Highland Park's The Earl Magnus Edition 1...
Remy Cointreau has reported a fall in half-year earnings, but operating profits and sales were boosted by higher sales of high-end Cognac in China....
Fortune Brands, owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, expects to increase the proportion of its sales from outside of the US, group chief financial officer Craig Omtvedt has told an investor conference...
The Edrington Group has announced the closure of one of its facilities in Scotland....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research