UK: The Dalmore releases 50-year-old whisky
The Dalmore is releasing what it has described as one of the world's "oldest" whiskies onto the UK market.
The 50-year-old expression of The Dalmore, which contains whisky first distilled 140 years ago, is a limited edition launch, with only 191 Portuguese crystal decanters being released through the travel retail sector.
The whisky retails in the region of GBP700 (US$1,077) per unit - the equivalent of around GBP5,000 for the more usual full size 70cl bottle, or up to GBP800 a dram in a prestigious on-trade outlet.
"I believe we are the only distillery which has the depth of stock to create such a long nurtured whisky as this," said Dalmore master distiller Richard Paterson.
Without wishing to be labelled as doomsaying hack, there really doesn't look to be much positive news emerging from Chancellor Alistair Darling's UK Budget Speech....
India's United Spirits expects its volume sales to grow by 17% this year, despite the global economic downturn, company president Vijay Rekhi has told just-drinks....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the French luxury goods firm at the centre of takeover speculation this week, has reported Champagne and Cognac sales down by more than a fifth in the first quarter o...
The chief executive of Molson Coors is calling for a meeting with the Chancellor following the 2% increase in beer duty in yesterday's (22 April) budget....
Duty tax on alcoholic drinks will rise by 2%, UK Chancellor Alistair Darling has announced in his Budget Speech, to the dismay of drinks trade bodies....
Export volumes of Scotch whisky are predicted to have fallen by almost 2% in 2008, according to preliminary figures, but distillers at this week's World Whiskies Conference remained optimistic about i...
The best quotes from day two of the World Whiskies Conference in London. See our previous entry for quotes from yesterday (20 April) and see the just-drinks blog for a brief roundup of news we've pick...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research