UK: The Dalmore releases 50-year-old whisky
The Dalmore is releasing what it has described as one of the world's "oldest" whiskies onto the UK market.
The 50-year-old expression of The Dalmore, which contains whisky first distilled 140 years ago, is a limited edition launch, with only 191 Portuguese crystal decanters being released through the travel retail sector.
The whisky retails in the region of GBP700 (US$1,077) per unit - the equivalent of around GBP5,000 for the more usual full size 70cl bottle, or up to GBP800 a dram in a prestigious on-trade outlet.
"I believe we are the only distillery which has the depth of stock to create such a long nurtured whisky as this," said Dalmore master distiller Richard Paterson.
Without wishing to be labelled as doomsaying hack, there really doesn't look to be much positive news emerging from Chancellor Alistair Darling's UK Budget Speech....
India's United Spirits expects its volume sales to grow by 17% this year, despite the global economic downturn, company president Vijay Rekhi has told just-drinks....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the French luxury goods firm at the centre of takeover speculation this week, has reported Champagne and Cognac sales down by more than a fifth in the first quarter o...
The chief executive of Molson Coors is calling for a meeting with the Chancellor following the 2% increase in beer duty in yesterday's (22 April) budget....
Duty tax on alcoholic drinks will rise by 2%, UK Chancellor Alistair Darling has announced in his Budget Speech, to the dismay of drinks trade bodies....
Export volumes of Scotch whisky are predicted to have fallen by almost 2% in 2008, according to preliminary figures, but distillers at this week's World Whiskies Conference remained optimistic about i...
The best quotes from day two of the World Whiskies Conference in London. See our previous entry for quotes from yesterday (20 April) and see the just-drinks blog for a brief roundup of news we've pick...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer