UK: The Company of Wine People launches Arniston Bay Reserve
The Company of Wine People has launched a presmium reserve leg of its South African wine brand Arniston Bay in the UK.
The company said today (13 March) that the Reserve range will be available in the UK off-trade at a recommended retail price of GBP6.99 (US$9.80).
All the wines in the range will be single varietals, with Sauvignon Blanc and Shiraz the first to be launched. Other varietals, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Chenin Blanc, will be available to retailers upon request, the firm said.
Barney Davis, UK brand and business development manager for The Company of Wine People, said: "We've been working to further develop the Arniston Bay range and widen its appeal to both consumers and retailers. We saw a fine wine offering as an essential part of our brand overhaul and we are very pleased with the results."
In January, Arniston Bay reported a 35% rise in sales revenue in the UK for 2008. Volumes grew at a faster pace, increasing by 37% for the 52 weeks ended 29 December, said the brand, citing Nielsen figures.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research