S AFRICA: The Company of Wine People appoints new MD
The Company of Wine People's former MD left in April
The Company of Wine People has named a new managing director four months after its previous head left over a "difference of opinion".
Eduan Steynberg will replace Hermann Böhmer, the South African wine producer announced today (6 July). Böhmer stepped down from his post on 2 April because of “a difference of opinion between the expectations of the shareholders” and the group's performance, chairman Dave Price told just-drinks at the time.
Price said the company had been trading at a loss since it was created in 2006 and moves to improve results had not been effective.
Steynberg joins The Company of Wine People after a three-year stint setting up an investment group that focuses on trade with India. He previously worked for GWK Limited in South Africa's Northern Cape and spent three years as CEO of agricultural company Derek Brink Holdings in Botswana, The Company of Wine People said.
The Company of Wine People came into being six years ago, when Omnia Wines, which was formed in 2004 from a merger of Vinfruco and Stellenbosch Vineyards, changed its name.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages