Product Launch - US: The Coca-Cola Co's Vitaminwater Energy
Click through to view one of the new flavours
The Coca-Cola Co's Vitaminwater Energy
Category - Soft drinks, energy drinks
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide, convenience channels
Price - US$2.29 per 11.5-ounce can
Distribution - The Coca-Cola Co
The Coca-Cola Co has launched an energy extension to its Vitaminwater brand in the US that uses caffeine from green coffee beans.
Vitaminwater Energy is targeted as consumers who want a “straightforward and simple” energy drink “from a source they can understand”, Coca-Cola said yesterday (9 April). It is lightly-carbonated and comes in three flavours - Strawberry-Lime, Berry-Punch and Orange-Mango.
A fourth flavour, Raspberry-Citrus, is available exclusively at 7-eleven stores.
PepsiCo yesterday confirmed it will launch Pepsi extensions sweetened with “real sugar” this summer.
NEW YORK, Apr 09, 2014 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- the vitamin water® family is growing. the leader in the nutrient-enhanced water beverage category is sashaying into the energy category with vitamin water energy™, a lightly-carbonated beverage that features a natural energy boost from green coffee bean extract.
vitamin water energy™ features natural flavors and sweeteners without added preservatives or sodium. it provides a great option for those who could benefit from a natural energy kick, like the “double-shifters”, the “all-night term paper writers”, and the “i-really-want-to-do-well-on-the-first-day-of-the-new-jobbers”.
“there is a large contingent of people that like the functionality of energy drinks, but are looking for one that is straightforward and simple—one that’s going to give them a kick from a source they can understand,” said scott hargrove, group marketing director, vitamin water®. “ vitamin water energy™ has a clear-cut formula that gives people a natural energy boost so they can get the most out of their natural talents.”
offered in a sleek 11.5 fl oz can, vitamin water energy™ is available at convenience stores around the country in three flavors: strawberry-lime, berry-punch and orange-mango. a fourth flavor, raspberry-citrus, is available exclusively at 7-eleven stores. the beverage is sweetened with a blend of cane sugar and stevia leaf extract, and contains 80mg of caffeine (from green coffee bean extract) and 50 calories per can. suggested retail price is $2.29.
Original source: Company release
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research