Product Launch - US: The Coca-Cola Co's Odwalla Garden Organics
Click through to view The Coca-Cola Co's Odwalla Garden Organics
The Coca-Cola Co's Odwalla Garden Organics
Category - Soft drinks, fruit and vegetable juices
Available - Released 23 July
Location - US, nation-wide, Whole Foods supermarkets, rolled out to other supermarkets and speciality stores at a later date
Price - SRP US$3.29 per 12oz bottle
Distribution – Odwalla
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a range of organic fruit and juice blends under its Odwalla label.
Odwalla Garden Organics comes in four flavours - Organic Carrot Juice, Carrot Beet Ginger, Carrot Apple Berry and Carrot Apple Mango – and follows the release in April of Odwalla's Smoothies For Kids. Earlier this month, Coca-Cola released its Q2 and H1 results.
Beverage companies have eyed the fruit and vegetable juice market as a growth sector as demand drops for carbonated soft drinks. Campbell Soup Co recently bought vegetable juice maker Bolthouse Farms for US$1.55bn.
HALF MOON BAY, Calif., Jul 24, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Since 1980, Odwalla has captured the goodness of fruits and vegetables in its nourishing beverages, delighting the taste buds of millions. This summer, the brand is branching out and expanding on its popular Odwalla Organic Carrot Juice flavor with a new line of USDA organic vegetable and fruit juice blends that are sure to make juice fans swoon.
All three new Odwalla Garden Organics flavors - Carrot Beet Ginger, Carrot Apple Berry and Carrot Apple Mango - are not from concentrate, gluten-free, vegan, and contain an excellent source of antioxidant Vitamin A. They will debut in Whole Foods Market locations across the country starting today, and will be available in a variety of national natural food stores, select supermarkets and specialty outlets beginning October 1, 2012.
Each Garden Organics juice carries the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Organic Seal. They contain up to three servings of vegetables and fruit in each 12 fl oz. bottle* and, like all Odwalla 12 fl oz. beverages, come in 100-percent recyclable PlantBottle(TM) packaging made from up to 100-percent plant-based materials.
"Odwalla Garden Organics will be a great solution for people who are looking for high-quality, great-tasting beverages that offer a variety of fruits and vegetables," said Irma Shrivastava, Vice President of Marketing, Odwalla. "From the organic ingredients inside the bottle to the materials that make the bottle itself, Odwalla Garden Organics are the embodiment of true goodness."
In addition to being Odwalla's first-ever line of organic products, Garden Organics labels showcase the familiar bright color palette, but feature a more hand-crafted feel and appearance.
Original source: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/odwallar-adds-a-whole-new-line-of-goodness-with-organic-veggie-and-fruit-juices-2012-07-24
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research