Product Launch - US: The Coca-Cola Co's Odwalla Garden Organics
Click through to view The Coca-Cola Co's Odwalla Garden Organics
The Coca-Cola Co's Odwalla Garden Organics
Category - Soft drinks, fruit and vegetable juices
Available - Released 23 July
Location - US, nation-wide, Whole Foods supermarkets, rolled out to other supermarkets and speciality stores at a later date
Price - SRP US$3.29 per 12oz bottle
Distribution – Odwalla
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a range of organic fruit and juice blends under its Odwalla label.
Odwalla Garden Organics comes in four flavours - Organic Carrot Juice, Carrot Beet Ginger, Carrot Apple Berry and Carrot Apple Mango – and follows the release in April of Odwalla's Smoothies For Kids. Earlier this month, Coca-Cola released its Q2 and H1 results.
Beverage companies have eyed the fruit and vegetable juice market as a growth sector as demand drops for carbonated soft drinks. Campbell Soup Co recently bought vegetable juice maker Bolthouse Farms for US$1.55bn.
HALF MOON BAY, Calif., Jul 24, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Since 1980, Odwalla has captured the goodness of fruits and vegetables in its nourishing beverages, delighting the taste buds of millions. This summer, the brand is branching out and expanding on its popular Odwalla Organic Carrot Juice flavor with a new line of USDA organic vegetable and fruit juice blends that are sure to make juice fans swoon.
All three new Odwalla Garden Organics flavors - Carrot Beet Ginger, Carrot Apple Berry and Carrot Apple Mango - are not from concentrate, gluten-free, vegan, and contain an excellent source of antioxidant Vitamin A. They will debut in Whole Foods Market locations across the country starting today, and will be available in a variety of national natural food stores, select supermarkets and specialty outlets beginning October 1, 2012.
Each Garden Organics juice carries the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Organic Seal. They contain up to three servings of vegetables and fruit in each 12 fl oz. bottle* and, like all Odwalla 12 fl oz. beverages, come in 100-percent recyclable PlantBottle(TM) packaging made from up to 100-percent plant-based materials.
"Odwalla Garden Organics will be a great solution for people who are looking for high-quality, great-tasting beverages that offer a variety of fruits and vegetables," said Irma Shrivastava, Vice President of Marketing, Odwalla. "From the organic ingredients inside the bottle to the materials that make the bottle itself, Odwalla Garden Organics are the embodiment of true goodness."
In addition to being Odwalla's first-ever line of organic products, Garden Organics labels showcase the familiar bright color palette, but feature a more hand-crafted feel and appearance.
Original source: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/odwallar-adds-a-whole-new-line-of-goodness-with-organic-veggie-and-fruit-juices-2012-07-24
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World