US: The Coca-Cola Co's Del Valle becomes US$1bn brand
The Coca-Cola Co has 15 billion dollar brands
The De Valle juice brand has become The Coca-Cola Co's 15th US$1bn global brand.
Since the acquisition of the brand in 2007, retail sales of Del Valle have more than doubled from around US$500m as its distribution expanded, Coca-Cola said today (21 April). The Latin American brand is available in 15 countries including Mexico, Brazil, Spain and the US.
Further expansion is planned in coming years, Coca-Cola said.
"The business model we are using for Del Valle has been key in igniting our bottlers engagement with the brand's growth," said Coca-Cola Latin America's president, José Octavio Reyes.
Del Valle is the fourth brand within Coca-Cola's juice and juice drink portfolio to reach $1bn in retail sales, joining Minute Maid, Simply and Minute Maid Pulpy.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat