Product Launch - JAPAN: The Coca-Cola Co's Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale
The Coca-Cola Co's Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale
Coca-Cola Co's Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale
Category - Soft drinks, ginger ale
Available - From 21 October
Location - Japan, nation-wide
Price - SRP of JPY120 (US$1.20) per 18cl can
Distribution - Coca-Cola Japan
The Coca-Cola Co's Japanese unit has claimed to have invented the hot carbonated beverage category with the launch of Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale.
The new product, which will hit shelves in the country next month, targets consumers looking for a warming drink during Japan's winter months, Coca-Cola Japan said this week. It took four years to develop the means to heat up the drink without spoiling the carbonation, the unit said.
Japanese convenience stores such as 7/11 sell a range of canned hot drinks, including coffee and tea. Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale will be sold alongside these drinks in hot racks, and also from vending machines that can sell hot canned beverages, Coca-Cola Japan said.
The unit has been at the forefront of beverage innovation in the past. In 2009, it launched a green tea-flavoured Coca-Cola that it also claims acts as a fat-busting functional food.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends