Product Launch - JAPAN: The Coca-Cola Co's Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale
The Coca-Cola Co's Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale
Coca-Cola Co's Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale
Category - Soft drinks, ginger ale
Available - From 21 October
Location - Japan, nation-wide
Price - SRP of JPY120 (US$1.20) per 18cl can
Distribution - Coca-Cola Japan
The Coca-Cola Co's Japanese unit has claimed to have invented the hot carbonated beverage category with the launch of Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale.
The new product, which will hit shelves in the country next month, targets consumers looking for a warming drink during Japan's winter months, Coca-Cola Japan said this week. It took four years to develop the means to heat up the drink without spoiling the carbonation, the unit said.
Japanese convenience stores such as 7/11 sell a range of canned hot drinks, including coffee and tea. Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale will be sold alongside these drinks in hot racks, and also from vending machines that can sell hot canned beverages, Coca-Cola Japan said.
The unit has been at the forefront of beverage innovation in the past. In 2009, it launched a green tea-flavoured Coca-Cola that it also claims acts as a fat-busting functional food.
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research