Product Launch - JAPAN: The Coca-Cola Co's Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale
The Coca-Cola Co's Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale
Coca-Cola Co's Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale
Category - Soft drinks, ginger ale
Available - From 21 October
Location - Japan, nation-wide
Price - SRP of JPY120 (US$1.20) per 18cl can
Distribution - Coca-Cola Japan
The Coca-Cola Co's Japanese unit has claimed to have invented the hot carbonated beverage category with the launch of Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale.
The new product, which will hit shelves in the country next month, targets consumers looking for a warming drink during Japan's winter months, Coca-Cola Japan said this week. It took four years to develop the means to heat up the drink without spoiling the carbonation, the unit said.
Japanese convenience stores such as 7/11 sell a range of canned hot drinks, including coffee and tea. Canada Dry Hot Ginger Ale will be sold alongside these drinks in hot racks, and also from vending machines that can sell hot canned beverages, Coca-Cola Japan said.
The unit has been at the forefront of beverage innovation in the past. In 2009, it launched a green tea-flavoured Coca-Cola that it also claims acts as a fat-busting functional food.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014