USA: The Coca-Cola Company Names Charles Holleran Chief Communications Officer
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) today named Charles B. Holleran chief communications officer, effective June 1. He will assume worldwide responsibility for the Company's internal and external communications, including public relations, media relations, issues management, international external affairs, and employee communications."We are determined to be open and responsive in the way we communicate," said Doug Daft, chairman and chief executive officer, The Coca-Cola Company. "Charlie Holleran will play a leading role in making that happen as part of our senior management team."Mr. Daft will recommend to the Company's Board of Directors that Mr. Holleran be elected a corporate vice president at the next scheduled Board meeting in July.Mr. Holleran, 55, has more than 30 years of public relations and corporate communications experience, since 1998 as managing director of Global Communications for PricewaterhouseCoopers.Prior to that he served six years as vice president, communications, for Digital Equipment Corporation; three years as vice president, public affairs, The Travelers Corporation; and 20 years with IBM, where he rose to Group Director of Communications for IBM's U.S. marketing organization.Mr. Holleran will report to Carl Ware, executive vice president, Global Public Affairs and Administration."Charlie's skills as a leader, a counselor, and a team-builder are what attracted us to him," said Mr. Ware. "Our goal is to ensure that the world's foremost brand is supported by the world's foremost corporate communications function.""The opportunity to join the world's premier consumer products company is irresistible for any communicator," Mr. Holleran said. "I'm looking forward to this unique opportunity to become part of Doug Daft's team."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends