USA: The Coca-Cola Company Names Charles Holleran Chief Communications Officer
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) today named Charles B. Holleran chief communications officer, effective June 1. He will assume worldwide responsibility for the Company's internal and external communications, including public relations, media relations, issues management, international external affairs, and employee communications."We are determined to be open and responsive in the way we communicate," said Doug Daft, chairman and chief executive officer, The Coca-Cola Company. "Charlie Holleran will play a leading role in making that happen as part of our senior management team."Mr. Daft will recommend to the Company's Board of Directors that Mr. Holleran be elected a corporate vice president at the next scheduled Board meeting in July.Mr. Holleran, 55, has more than 30 years of public relations and corporate communications experience, since 1998 as managing director of Global Communications for PricewaterhouseCoopers.Prior to that he served six years as vice president, communications, for Digital Equipment Corporation; three years as vice president, public affairs, The Travelers Corporation; and 20 years with IBM, where he rose to Group Director of Communications for IBM's U.S. marketing organization.Mr. Holleran will report to Carl Ware, executive vice president, Global Public Affairs and Administration."Charlie's skills as a leader, a counselor, and a team-builder are what attracted us to him," said Mr. Ware. "Our goal is to ensure that the world's foremost brand is supported by the world's foremost corporate communications function.""The opportunity to join the world's premier consumer products company is irresistible for any communicator," Mr. Holleran said. "I'm looking forward to this unique opportunity to become part of Doug Daft's team."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages