USA: The Coca-Cola Company Names Charles Holleran Chief Communications Officer
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) today named Charles B. Holleran chief communications officer, effective June 1. He will assume worldwide responsibility for the Company's internal and external communications, including public relations, media relations, issues management, international external affairs, and employee communications."We are determined to be open and responsive in the way we communicate," said Doug Daft, chairman and chief executive officer, The Coca-Cola Company. "Charlie Holleran will play a leading role in making that happen as part of our senior management team."Mr. Daft will recommend to the Company's Board of Directors that Mr. Holleran be elected a corporate vice president at the next scheduled Board meeting in July.Mr. Holleran, 55, has more than 30 years of public relations and corporate communications experience, since 1998 as managing director of Global Communications for PricewaterhouseCoopers.Prior to that he served six years as vice president, communications, for Digital Equipment Corporation; three years as vice president, public affairs, The Travelers Corporation; and 20 years with IBM, where he rose to Group Director of Communications for IBM's U.S. marketing organization.Mr. Holleran will report to Carl Ware, executive vice president, Global Public Affairs and Administration."Charlie's skills as a leader, a counselor, and a team-builder are what attracted us to him," said Mr. Ware. "Our goal is to ensure that the world's foremost brand is supported by the world's foremost corporate communications function.""The opportunity to join the world's premier consumer products company is irresistible for any communicator," Mr. Holleran said. "I'm looking forward to this unique opportunity to become part of Doug Daft's team."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review