USA: The Coca-Cola Company Names Charles Holleran Chief Communications Officer
"We are determined to be open and responsive in the way we communicate," said Doug Daft, chairman and chief executive officer, The Coca-Cola Company. "Charlie Holleran will play a leading role in making that happen as part of our senior management team."
Mr. Daft will recommend to the Company's Board of Directors that Mr. Holleran be elected a corporate vice president at the next scheduled Board meeting in July.
Mr. Holleran, 55, has more than 30 years of public relations and corporate communications experience, since 1998 as managing director of Global Communications for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Prior to that he served six years as vice president, communications, for Digital Equipment Corporation; three years as vice president, public affairs, The Travelers Corporation; and 20 years with IBM, where he rose to Group Director of Communications for IBM's U.S. marketing organization.
Mr. Holleran will report to Carl Ware, executive vice president, Global Public Affairs and Administration.
"Charlie's skills as a leader, a counselor, and a team-builder are what attracted us to him," said Mr. Ware. "Our goal is to ensure that the world's foremost brand is supported by the world's foremost corporate communications function."
"The opportunity to join the world's premier consumer products company is irresistible for any communicator," Mr. Holleran said. "I'm looking forward to this unique opportunity to become part of Doug Daft's team."
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review