USA: The Coca-Cola Company announces settlement terms of discrimination lawsuit
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) announced yesterday the settlement terms of a class action discrimination lawsuit consisting of both monetary and programmatic elements.The Company said the monetary settlement includes cash payments to fund back pay, compensatory damages, a promotional achievement fund, and attorneys' fees. In addition, the Company introduced a wide range of training, monitoring and mentoring programs. The Company is also making a $50 million donation to The Coca-Cola Foundation to continue its broad range of community support programs.Based on all payments and initiatives related to the settlement, the Company will record a one-time charge of $188 million in the fourth quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends