USA: The Coca-Cola Company announces settlement terms of discrimination lawsuit
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) announced yesterday the settlement terms of a class action discrimination lawsuit consisting of both monetary and programmatic elements.The Company said the monetary settlement includes cash payments to fund back pay, compensatory damages, a promotional achievement fund, and attorneys' fees. In addition, the Company introduced a wide range of training, monitoring and mentoring programs. The Company is also making a $50 million donation to The Coca-Cola Foundation to continue its broad range of community support programs.Based on all payments and initiatives related to the settlement, the Company will record a one-time charge of $188 million in the fourth quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020