USA: The Coca-Cola Company announces settlement terms of discrimination lawsuit
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) announced yesterday the settlement terms of a class action discrimination lawsuit consisting of both monetary and programmatic elements.The Company said the monetary settlement includes cash payments to fund back pay, compensatory damages, a promotional achievement fund, and attorneys' fees. In addition, the Company introduced a wide range of training, monitoring and mentoring programs. The Company is also making a $50 million donation to The Coca-Cola Foundation to continue its broad range of community support programs.Based on all payments and initiatives related to the settlement, the Company will record a one-time charge of $188 million in the fourth quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?