USA: The Coca-Cola Company announces settlement terms of discrimination lawsuit
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) announced yesterday the settlement terms of a class action discrimination lawsuit consisting of both monetary and programmatic elements.The Company said the monetary settlement includes cash payments to fund back pay, compensatory damages, a promotional achievement fund, and attorneys' fees. In addition, the Company introduced a wide range of training, monitoring and mentoring programs. The Company is also making a $50 million donation to The Coca-Cola Foundation to continue its broad range of community support programs.Based on all payments and initiatives related to the settlement, the Company will record a one-time charge of $188 million in the fourth quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review