USA: The Coca-Cola Company announces settlement terms of discrimination lawsuit
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) announced yesterday the settlement terms of a class action discrimination lawsuit consisting of both monetary and programmatic elements.The Company said the monetary settlement includes cash payments to fund back pay, compensatory damages, a promotional achievement fund, and attorneys' fees. In addition, the Company introduced a wide range of training, monitoring and mentoring programs. The Company is also making a $50 million donation to The Coca-Cola Foundation to continue its broad range of community support programs.Based on all payments and initiatives related to the settlement, the Company will record a one-time charge of $188 million in the fourth quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research