USA: The Coca-Cola Company Announces Expected Third Quarter Worldwide Volume Trends
"During the quarter, our international businesses benefited from our renewed focus on local marketing and stabilizing economic conditions in many markets," said Jack L. Stahl, president and chief operating officer. "Despite volume softness earlier in the quarter, the Company's North American business has improved in the latter part of the quarter based on our marketing activities."
"The initiatives that we continue to take throughout our system demonstrate that we are building the foundation for strong and consistent growth as we head into 2001," Mr. Stahl said.
The Company announced that it remains comfortable with previously established objectives and anticipates growing worldwide unit case volume approximately 5 percent for the full year 2000 and 6 to 7 percent for the full year 2001.
Unit Case Growth Expectations - Operating Groups
The following table reflects the unit case volume trends the Company expects to report in the third quarter.
Third Quarter 2000
Estimated Unit Case Volume
Worldwide Approx. 4
North America Group Even
Latin America Group 4 - 5
Europe and Eurasia 4 - 5
Asia Pacific Group 7 - 8
Africa and Middle East Group 3 - 4
This news release contains forward-looking statements concerning long-term volume and EPS objectives and should be read in conjunction with cautionary statements contained in Exhibit 99.1 in the Company's most recent Form 10-K.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets