INDIA: The Coca-Cola Co to sponsor Commonwealth Games
The Coca-Cola Co is to be the official beverage sponsor of the Commonwealth Games to be held in New Delhi in October.
The company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Organising Committee of Commonwealth Games 2010.
The MOU will allow Coca-Cola India to offer all its products to the athletes, visitors and volunteers during the Commonwealth Games 2010.
“We want to spread the awareness of sports and healthy lifestyle among the Indian citizens as well as want to uphold the spirit of the Commonwealth Games in India,” an official spokesperson of Coca-Cola India told just-drinks today (24 June).
“Coca-Cola has been associated with Olympic Games since 1928,” he added.
The second round-up in our Review of the Year series sees Ben Cooper consider a busy 12 months for our soft drink brethren....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Stagnant wine growth a concern for Constellation
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads