US: The Coca-Cola Co to expand Freestyle reach
The Coca-Cola Co is to significantly expand the reach of its 125-beverage fountain dispenser, Coca-Cola Freestyle, in the US by the end of the year.
Freestyle will be available in 80 US regions by the end of 2011, doubling its current availability. The fountain dispenses 125 different drinks brands that can be mixed into different flavour combinations and was test launched in southern California in 2009.
The drinks on offer include "many varieties of waters, juices, teas and sparkling beverages that have never before been sold in the US", Coca-Cola said at the time.
A spokesperson for the company confirmed to just-drinks today (11 May) that Freestyle will now be made available in a further 40 regions across the US this year, in addition to the 40 regions in which it currently operates.
Reports have suggested that Coca-Cola Freestyle may be introduced to countries outside of the US. However, the spokesperson said there was "no news to report" on plans to roll it out further at this point.
It's crystal ball time for Ray Rowlands from DrinksInfo. This month, Ray takes a guess at what future trends in soft drinks and water will shape the categories in the months and years to come....
An alliance announced this morning (4 November) between PepsiCo and Tingyi Holding has been hailed by analysts as a smart move for both firms, and a signal that competition is set to intensify in Chin...
Several inherent challenges exist in global fruit/vegetable juice sales. In a recent Euromonitor International Global Briefing, entitled 'Global Consumer Preferences within Fruit/Vegetable Juice', Ric...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report