UK: The Coca-Cola Co tests tastes with new Riedel glass
Click through to view the new Coca-Cola glassware
The Coca-Cola Co has unveiled a new glass that it claims delivers the "optimal taste experience" for its trademark brand.
The Coca-Cola + Riedel glassware, designed by UK wine glass maker Riedel, is partly based on the iconic contour bottle patented in 1915. A panel of ten taste experts led the design process, which began early last year.
Brad Fields, global drinkware manager for the Coca-Cola Co, said: “We were intimately involved in the creation of this glass with Riedel and understand how vessel shape can positively affect the enjoyment of Coca-Cola. We want everyone to experience it for themselves.”
Earlier today, glass bottle maker Ardagh, whose customers include Coca-Cola, said it had missed a deadline for the completion of its US$1.7bn acquisition of fellow glassmaker Saint-Gobain’s US unit, Verallia, as talks with US competition authorities drag on.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends