US: The Coca-Cola Co. teams up with Illy coffee
The Coca-Cola Co. and Illycaffè have signed a global joint venture focusing on the RTD coffee category.
The companies said today (15 October), that they hope to take advantage of Coca-Cola's distribution network and Illy's brand reputation in an effort to reach the US$10bn international RTD coffee segment as partners.
TCCC president and CEO Muhtar Kent said: "We will be able to bring our brand building and distribution expertise together with Illy's premium brand reputation. This partnership demonstrates our commitment to meeting evolving consumer demands while creating additional value for our system, our customers and our shareowners."
Illycaffè chairman Andrea Illy added: "Our R&D and product know-how will join The Coca-Cola Co.'s industrial and distribution infrastructure to develop a high quality RTD coffee."
The companies added that the specifics on brands and distribution have not yet been finalised, but the final joint venture agreements should be signed by the end of the year.
Earlier this summer, Coca-Cola confirmed that it was pulling its Coke and coffee drink, Coca-Cola Blak, from the US market. The coffee blend, which was introduced 19 months ago after a two-year development period, was seen as the soft drinks giant's efforts at piggybacking the lucrative coffee and premium beverage category.
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving ...
As a practical, economical and lightweight packaging medium, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is without peer and has become widely used by soft drinks producers. But as environmental pressures have g...
The Coca-Cola Co. has secured a placing for its Odwalla juice drinks portfolio in Caribou Coffee shops in the US....
The former president and COO of Coca-Cola Bottling Philadelphia has joined the board of Skinny Nutrional Corp. in the US....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Co. and Illycaffè have finalised their global joint venture, kickstarting it with the launch of three premium RTD coffee products across a number of European markets....
Coca-Cola has removed the artificial sweetener sodium cyclamate from the formula for Coke Zero in Mexico....
Heineken has announced that Mary Minnick, a partner in UK-based venture capital group Lion Capital, is to join its Supervisory Board....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research