PHILIPPINES: The Coca-Cola Co shifts concentrate duties to Singapore
Coca-Cola is to take concentrate production to Singapore
The Coca-Cola Co is to move concentrate production for the Philippines to Singapore after announcing the closure of its Laguna plant with the loss of 57 jobs.
The company said yesterday (4 March) that the decision to shut the factory, about 40 miles south of Manila, will streamline operations and increase flexibility in its Asia supply chain. No timeline for the switch has been disclosed.
“The Coca-Cola Co continuously reviews its concentrate supply chain to drive greater efficiency and position itself to meet future growth in Asia,” Coca-Cola said. “As a result of that review, the company has decided to produce all concentrate and beverage base for the Philippines in Singapore, and to close the Philippines concentrate plant.”
Coca-Cola said it would help employees affected by the closure to find alternate employment, while reaffirming its commitment to invest US$1bn in the Philippines between 2010 and 2015.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Struggling sales for diet soft drinks should see a new wave of innovation break over the category. Tom Vierhile reports....
FEMSA is the leading bottling company for The Coca-Cola Co in Mexico and globally. The company also manages a large retailing division under the OXXO brand with over 10,000 stores across the country a...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages