US/UAE: The Coca-Cola Co sets up companies with Aujan Group
Coca-Cola is strengthening its Middle East presence
The Coca-Cola Co has formed two new companies with Aujan Group Holding, five months after it acquired half the UAE firm's business.
Rani Refreshments will hold the global rights to brands such as Rani and Barbican while Aujan Coca-Cola Beverages Co will manufacture and distribute the products, Coca-Cola said yesterday (24 February). Aujan Coca-Cola will also be the licensed manufacturer of Vimto in the Middle East, the company said.
In September, Coca-Cola paid US$980m for half of the soft drinks business of Aujan and 49% of its bottling and distribution operations.
“Today’s announcement puts the final seal on the largest-ever investment by a multinational firm in the Middle East’s fast moving consumer goods sector, and marks the next stage of development for our group and our brands,” the chairman of Aujan Group, Sheikh Adel Aujan, said.
The two companies will mirror the Coca-Cola bottling system, with Rani Refreshments supplying Aujan Coca-Cola with proprietary concentrate, Coca-Cola said. Aujan Coca-Cola will then produce, sell and distribute the product to markets across the Middle East and beyond.
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research