US/UAE: The Coca-Cola Co sets up companies with Aujan Group
Coca-Cola is strengthening its Middle East presence
The Coca-Cola Co has formed two new companies with Aujan Group Holding, five months after it acquired half the UAE firm's business.
Rani Refreshments will hold the global rights to brands such as Rani and Barbican while Aujan Coca-Cola Beverages Co will manufacture and distribute the products, Coca-Cola said yesterday (24 February). Aujan Coca-Cola will also be the licensed manufacturer of Vimto in the Middle East, the company said.
In September, Coca-Cola paid US$980m for half of the soft drinks business of Aujan and 49% of its bottling and distribution operations.
“Today’s announcement puts the final seal on the largest-ever investment by a multinational firm in the Middle East’s fast moving consumer goods sector, and marks the next stage of development for our group and our brands,” the chairman of Aujan Group, Sheikh Adel Aujan, said.
The two companies will mirror the Coca-Cola bottling system, with Rani Refreshments supplying Aujan Coca-Cola with proprietary concentrate, Coca-Cola said. Aujan Coca-Cola will then produce, sell and distribute the product to markets across the Middle East and beyond.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
FEMSA is the leading bottling company for The Coca-Cola Co in Mexico and globally. The company also manages a large retailing division under the OXXO brand with over 10,000 stores across the country a...
The key story on the market in 2012 was the revelation that The Coca-Cola Co had purchased, via its subsidiary Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co, the Belarusian juice factory Vlanpack, as well as the wel...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research