US/UAE: The Coca-Cola Co sets up companies with Aujan Group
Coca-Cola is strengthening its Middle East presence
The Coca-Cola Co has formed two new companies with Aujan Group Holding, five months after it acquired half the UAE firm's business.
Rani Refreshments will hold the global rights to brands such as Rani and Barbican while Aujan Coca-Cola Beverages Co will manufacture and distribute the products, Coca-Cola said yesterday (24 February). Aujan Coca-Cola will also be the licensed manufacturer of Vimto in the Middle East, the company said.
In September, Coca-Cola paid US$980m for half of the soft drinks business of Aujan and 49% of its bottling and distribution operations.
“Today’s announcement puts the final seal on the largest-ever investment by a multinational firm in the Middle East’s fast moving consumer goods sector, and marks the next stage of development for our group and our brands,” the chairman of Aujan Group, Sheikh Adel Aujan, said.
The two companies will mirror the Coca-Cola bottling system, with Rani Refreshments supplying Aujan Coca-Cola with proprietary concentrate, Coca-Cola said. Aujan Coca-Cola will then produce, sell and distribute the product to markets across the Middle East and beyond.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
This report analyzes the Global market for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Supplements in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Amino Acids/Derivatives, Herbal Products, Prohormones, Vitamins/Mi...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research