US/UAE: The Coca-Cola Co sets up companies with Aujan Group
Coca-Cola is strengthening its Middle East presence
The Coca-Cola Co has formed two new companies with Aujan Group Holding, five months after it acquired half the UAE firm's business.
Rani Refreshments will hold the global rights to brands such as Rani and Barbican while Aujan Coca-Cola Beverages Co will manufacture and distribute the products, Coca-Cola said yesterday (24 February). Aujan Coca-Cola will also be the licensed manufacturer of Vimto in the Middle East, the company said.
In September, Coca-Cola paid US$980m for half of the soft drinks business of Aujan and 49% of its bottling and distribution operations.
“Today’s announcement puts the final seal on the largest-ever investment by a multinational firm in the Middle East’s fast moving consumer goods sector, and marks the next stage of development for our group and our brands,” the chairman of Aujan Group, Sheikh Adel Aujan, said.
The two companies will mirror the Coca-Cola bottling system, with Rani Refreshments supplying Aujan Coca-Cola with proprietary concentrate, Coca-Cola said. Aujan Coca-Cola will then produce, sell and distribute the product to markets across the Middle East and beyond.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
Cía Servicios de Bebidas Refrescantes, the local bottler of The Coca-Cola Co, has overcome difficulties derived from the economic recession to resist the constant pressure from private label, in most ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report