The Coca-Cola Co restarts in Vietnam after production bump
Three Coca-Cola factories in Vietnam now have the required certificates
The Coca-Cola Co has confirmed that its Vietnam operations are back online after missing certification halted the production of four non-core brands in the country.
The company said production for Aquarius, Dasani with minerals, Nutriboost and Teppy had returned to normal following a week's suspension at the end of June. The halt came after a "misunderstanding" over food safety certifications for the brands.
According to Coca-Cola, an internal audit earlier this year revealed the requirement of additional certification for supplementary beverages because of a law change in the country. The company applied for the Certificate of Food Safety Condition "several weeks ago" and its three plants - in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Danang - have now been issued the required papers by Vietnam's health ministry.
"All of our products being distributed and sold in the market are safe and meet all qualified food safety standards of the country," Coca-Cola said.
CSD consumption in Vietnam has expanded rapidly over the past few years, from 587m litres in 2010 to 836m litres in 2014, increasing at a CAGR of 9.2%. This growth is due to a rising population, increasing incomes and the development of an important consumer group - the young urban professional, according to Canadean research released last year.
Earlier this month, Anheuser-Busch InBev released its full-year results for 2016. While describing the 12-month period as "difficult", the brewer posted a 3% slip in sales and a near-8% decline in ope...
The Coca-Cola Co plans to speed up its refranchising efforts in order to have 100% of company-owned bottlers refranchised in the US by the end of 2017. In doing so, the company will be able to return ...
PepsiCo Inc and The Coca-Cola Co have long dominated sports drinks with their respective Gatorade and Powerade brands and their low-calorie versions, although signs of change were evident in 2015 and ...
In recent years RTD coffee has been dramatically redefined by beverage manufacturers through the advent of cold brew coffee. Cold brew coffee is coffee brewed without heat, with coffee grounds steeped...
Over the past decade sales of concentrates have been boosted by new product development and increased consumer thriftiness in the face of challenging economic conditions. Over 2007-2010, powder concen...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts