US: The Coca-Cola Co puts up poverty fighter for board role
Gayle previously worked for the Centre for Disease Control
The Coca-Cola Co has nominated a high-profile humanitarian worker to its board of directors, ahead of its annual shareholders' meeting in April.
Helene Gayle, 57, is president & CEO of anti-poverty organisation Care USA and an expert on health and global development, Coca-Cola said late last week. She has previously worked for the Centre for Disease Control and was named on Forbes' “100 most powerful women” list in 2011 and 2012, according to the firm.
She will stand for election at the shareholders' meeting, which will also see long-standing board member and former COO Donald Keough step down.
“Helene brings a global mindset and a deep understanding of health and humanitarian issues to our company,” Coca-Cola chairman & CEO Muhtar Kent said. “Her expertise and insight will be invaluable as we continue to expand our global initiatives around sustainability and women.”
Gayle is expected to serve on Coca-Cola's compensation committee and, if elected, will become the board’s 16th member.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
Cía Servicios de Bebidas Refrescantes, the local bottler of The Coca-Cola Co, has overcome difficulties derived from the economic recession to resist the constant pressure from private label, in most ...
Innocent Drinks Ltd is set to sell its remaining 42% stake to The Coca-Cola Co, with whom it first went into partnership in 2009. The objective is to gain a stronger presence within fruit/vegetable ju...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report