US: The Coca-Cola Co puts up poverty fighter for board role
Gayle previously worked for the Centre for Disease Control
The Coca-Cola Co has nominated a high-profile humanitarian worker to its board of directors, ahead of its annual shareholders' meeting in April.
Helene Gayle, 57, is president & CEO of anti-poverty organisation Care USA and an expert on health and global development, Coca-Cola said late last week. She has previously worked for the Centre for Disease Control and was named on Forbes' “100 most powerful women” list in 2011 and 2012, according to the firm.
She will stand for election at the shareholders' meeting, which will also see long-standing board member and former COO Donald Keough step down.
“Helene brings a global mindset and a deep understanding of health and humanitarian issues to our company,” Coca-Cola chairman & CEO Muhtar Kent said. “Her expertise and insight will be invaluable as we continue to expand our global initiatives around sustainability and women.”
Gayle is expected to serve on Coca-Cola's compensation committee and, if elected, will become the board’s 16th member.
Coca-Cola Co's chief executive Muhtar Kent has argued that the group's second quarter performance is an "anomaly" caused by a combination of uncontrollable factors and not a "systemic" issue. ...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends