INDIA: The Coca-Cola Co plans US$50m bottling plant
Coca-Cola Co plans India expansion
The Coca-Cola Co's soft drinks bottling business in India, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt Ltd, is set to invest INR2.5bn (US$50m) to build a new manufacturing facility in Northern Karnataka.
The plant will manufacture a range of carbonated and still soft drinks.
“India’s beverage market is very dynamic and as an industry we are just starting to unlock the potential," a spokesperson for Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages told just-drinks today (11 August). "The key to growth is to be able to provide consumers with the product of their choice at the right place at the right time and at the right price.”
Coca-Cola Co has grown steadily in India, posting double-digit volume increases for 13 of the last 16 quarters. Volumes rose by 22% for the most recent quarter, to the end of June.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets