INDONESIA: The Coca-Cola Co plans Indonesia investment
Coca-Cola has operated in Indonesia for 80 years
The CEO of the Coca-Cola Co has said that the company is looking to invest long-term in Indonesia.
Speaking at the opening of a learning centre in the country's capital Jakarta today (16 August), Muhtar Kent told attendees that the group is planning "long-term" investment for Indonesia that will be "substantial for job creation". Investment will be made in infrastructure, distribution, marketing and branding, Kent said.
Coca-Cola has operated in Indonesia for 80 years and directly employs around 10,000 staff. The company has invested around US$450m in the country over the last five years. A spokesperson for Coca-Cola declined to provide any further information on the planned investment.
Click here to view facts on the Indonesia soft drinks market.
PepsiCo has fired its expected salvo of job cuts and investment promises, but confidence cannot be rebuilt in a day....
PepsiCo is to cut around 8,700 employees as part of a cost saving strategy designed to restore shareholders' confidence by freeing up funds for key brands....
Africa, Latin America and China have propelled The Coca-Cola Co to a full-year performance in-line with its expectations, as the soft drinks giant prepares for another round of cost savings in mature ...
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research