INDONESIA: The Coca-Cola Co plans Indonesia investment
Coca-Cola has operated in Indonesia for 80 years
The CEO of the Coca-Cola Co has said that the company is looking to invest long-term in Indonesia.
Speaking at the opening of a learning centre in the country's capital Jakarta today (16 August), Muhtar Kent told attendees that the group is planning "long-term" investment for Indonesia that will be "substantial for job creation". Investment will be made in infrastructure, distribution, marketing and branding, Kent said.
Coca-Cola has operated in Indonesia for 80 years and directly employs around 10,000 staff. The company has invested around US$450m in the country over the last five years. A spokesperson for Coca-Cola declined to provide any further information on the planned investment.
Click here to view facts on the Indonesia soft drinks market.
PepsiCo has fired its expected salvo of job cuts and investment promises, but confidence cannot be rebuilt in a day....
PepsiCo is to cut around 8,700 employees as part of a cost saving strategy designed to restore shareholders' confidence by freeing up funds for key brands....
Africa, Latin America and China have propelled The Coca-Cola Co to a full-year performance in-line with its expectations, as the soft drinks giant prepares for another round of cost savings in mature ...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends