UPDATE - SINGAPORE: The Coca-Cola Co opens Singapore plant
The plant is the first concentrate facility in Coca-Cola's 75-year presence in Singapore
The Coca-Cola Co has officially opened its first concentrate facility in Singapore.
The SGD72m (US$60m) plant, located in Tuas, will manufacture and supply concentrate to several fast-growing markets in the Asia-Pacific region. The facility will create around 120 jobs, the soft drinks firm said today (20 September).
The plant is the first concentrate facility in the company's 75-year presence in Singapore and one of its largest in Asia, with the capacity to produce 24m kg of concentrate per annum.
"This is an investment for growth," said Coca-Cola's executive VP, Irial Finan. "Asia is one of our fastest growing markets and across the region we see high demand for our wide range of beverages. Locating the plant in Singapore is in line with Coca-Cola's strategy of being close to our customers. We can have a short lead time to our markets, enabling a flexible supply chain and low carbon footprint."
The Coca-Cola Co has spent the last 20 years diversifying its portfolio. Where once the rest of the stable cowered in Coke's shadow, more of the company's brands are now grabbing the spotlight and del...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages