US: The Coca-Cola Co officially launches PlantBottle
The PlantBottle was launched by Coca-Cola in May 2009 as a pilot
The Coca-Cola Co has officially rolled out its fully recyclable 'PlantBottle' across its Dasani and Odwalla beverages in the US.
The bottle is made from a blend of petroleum-based materials and up to 30% plant-based materials, which have been produced from sugar can and molasses. It was launched by Coca-Cola in May 2009 as a pilot with the Dasani water brand in nine countries.
The soft drinks giant said it expects to extend the bottle's reach to 15 countries by the end of the year.
The roll-out of the PlantBottle packaging for Dasani will be accompanied by a national television advert beginning this month. Odwalla's marketing programme will include coupons, print advertising, digital programmes and in-store displays.
Click here to view the full release.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Coca-Cola Enterprises Q1 2016 results - Preview
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India